Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Damn it. Its been a while since I last blogged here.

I would like to congratulate myself for managing to enjoy the birthday weekend (thanks for the treat and surprises guys) without much consumption of empty calories. Cakes and desserts, I still consume, but small portion by small portion, with several days as a gap (hey, Im still trying to control it aight) I still have my birthday cake inside the fridge and just now after a dinner (before 7) filled with protein (lean chicken parts) I cut myself a slice just to kill my craving and pause my urge and desire towards it...

Training-wise, been hitting the gym 3 times a week and its not a good thing, I think. Apart from wasting my hard-earned cash (Im still money-driven when it comes to these matters - so many things to buy!) I can easily slip back into my lazy mode, thanks to the abundance of tasks at work, which can cause me to either stay long (skipping the gym) or going back to the office after gym (normally be back at 9, and tired as hell hence causing lack of attention and energy towards it.... kind of useless, people work beter when they're not tired... DUH)

I need to train the mental department more as well.

As I told myself, do DOABLE weights, even though it might look pathetic! Just make sure it still challenges the muscles to work.

But then, the ex trainer wanted to train me since hes there and not occupied by any of his other clients (actually hes training me since my stubborn little bro didnt complete his sessions, the one I paid for the betterment of his fat ass, with him, so instead he used all the leftover sessions, 4 to be exact, on me..) He hit me with a BODYBUILDING, hardcore-esque weights and yes, I followed and although Im happy there's someone to motivate me, some of the stuff I did werent THAT perfect in form (and also some were assisted by him) In some ways, I try to strategize not coming in when hes in. Haha. Oh well.

Been stretching a lot so far after my normal workouts and it feels great. Im going to experiment more with body weight exercises and although it is a bit embarassing to just jump up and down or duck-walk (not sure the proper term) around the aerobic area. (among guys who lift weights and does "macho" stuff) I tell this to myself:

THIS IS HOW I ACHIEVE MY GOAL. THOSE ARE THEIRS. SO BE A FOOL AND COMPLETE THE JUMPSETS (or prisoner squats... or whatever exercise that might look funny when being executed).

Yes, I am a crazy motivator for myself. I am the bitchiest trainer for myself. And Im fine with that.

*On a side note, Ego opened another store at The Curve (woohoo!) and now I dont have to travel all the way to Tropicana area to get myself my dose of protein powder. (Yeah, Im not into product mailings) When I have enough cash, that is :P

"The first wealth is health." Emerson
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind." William James

Till the next post,
Exercise well, eat well, rest well and bid those fucking fat farewell!
Ibster.

1 comment:

TriStupe said...

dude...sounds like you are on the right track. I'm sure you know about a friend of mine which was 140kg big and managed to be 90kg heavy in matter of months.

it takes a lot of motivation and will power.

you can also chew on those carrot sticks (munching gives you the full feeling) or nuts (and those protiens)apart from the boring tasteless chicken breast. :)

by the way, don't forget to take enough of (good) fat as you need fat to burn fat!