Wednesday, January 26, 2011

cctv view of the class. im one of them :P
Systema was great. It's quite similar to Urban Warrior. It uses the logic of movements.

First I learned how the use pressure BUT being relaxed at the same time. It's hard to explain and its better to be experienced then told. Didn't get it at first but then finally got it... It's like when pressure is given by the opponent (say he grips you hard), we then just tense the part involved for a while and then just move freely. Surprisingly it worked. The pressure from the opponent can be navigated easily.

We proceeded to experience the different levels of punches and how to minimize the pain... when one tense their abs when being punched... it will cause more pain as oppose to leaving it jelly-like and breathing out while being punched. Yep. I tasted the hard punch during the tensing of the abs. Painful. Best part when doing this was when the instructor did this hard knock on both shoulders of another mate. Super hard with loud sound... but the feeling was good! I know because I requested to be knocked as well. Haha.

Then I learned on how to dodge attacks in a fluid way... I think a dancer would benefit this class more. (Heck I even threw some capoeira moves as well... haha)

What I noticed about this class (and even Urban Warrior) is that a little bit of reverse psychology is involved in it. Which can be tricky, but great outcome. A little bit of practice and I think one can be awesome at it. It teaches you about you yourself and how well you know your body and how to move it.

I think I got myself some temporary art on my body tonight. The bruises will be visible tomorrow I think. I'm glad that I actually packed extra clothing this morning. Proud at my decision of actually going instead of walking around aimlessly elsewhere (or worse, go makan!)

I'm hoping for an awesome sleep later.

Night.

No comments: