Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not this kind of flexibility
As of now, I cant bend perfectly to even touch my toes. yes, i have to slightly bend my knees... which sucks, especially when everyone in the class were able to do it. Nostalgic moments from my yoga attempt flooded me and halfway through I am reminded oh how shitty I felt that time. An online friend of mine, a male nurse (studying still technically) told me flexibility can be gained and what I experienced now is normal. He's not the first to tell me that. That famous, petite yoga instructor told me the same thing too. Temporarily I was happy of that fact but I guess due to lack of practice, I just gave up. Right now, Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue on, the flexing and all.

So yeah. Did my first ever Muay Thai class followed by Capoeira. Overall, I love the fact that I can kick and punch freely. Yes, it felt good! Kind of slow in perfecting it but over time I know I can be an awesome fighter. HAHA. One heck of a workout right there. Capoeira on the other hand, despite it being a beginner's class with simple stuff, was hard for me to digest. The moves was slightly complicated (for now I guess). I think I'll have a sexy butt after six months of doing this... yeah, too many glutes action took place... I know Im going to suffer tomorrow. The jinga/jengga/jingga move equals to jelly legs tomorrow.

I had fun. Practice is a must to avoid embarrassment in the next class. Woohoo!


(I'm still going to run but not as frequent I guess. Once or twice a week should be sufficient. I miss it.)

No comments: