Thursday, January 13, 2011

this is not a cartwheel
I love doing Aus.

Au, is actually Capoeira's name for cartwheel. I never thought I would be able to do it. As a kid I always wanted to try it and yes, I had my own experiments before but most of it ended with me being unsure and scared that I would land wrongly (and we know what that will lead to).

I know, some people can do it easily without any tutoring, but for a former fatty like me, I keep having thoughts that Im not 'light' enough to be able to be in air. Yep.

Yesterday was an eye-opener. It's super easy to do, just a matter of perfecting it (can't make my legs straight still). It's all about using your two palms as anchors on the ground, leaving all the weight there and letting the lower part of the body (which will be up) loose and free.

After the class, the guy who taught us showed how connected the moves and 'dances' of Capoeira can be. I think it's very fluid, the movement. One to another. It would be great to merge everything and coming up with one single movement without any pause in between.

Excited.


Capoeira Parkour Au tutorial
Uploaded by CapoeiraBoy. - See more comedy videos.

No comments: